Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jungle Story Part -I

Since it was a long stay at the Chattisgarh previously Madhya Pradesh, I had traveled many of the un-haunted places in the forest and the people therein. It has always been a trill to be a part of the green and dry, but due to cultural heritage and daily livelihood I had to shift to Kolkata a forest of concrete and people, but still I remember the routine in the forest. Here today I would share some of the stories through which I have gained all these experiences. Now also when friends and relatives ask for an outing in the wild I suggest Chattisgarh, and of course do not leave the opportunity to accompany them.

Once, some of my friends asked me for a camp fire and night long stay in the forest and conduct hunting. I had to have all the necessary equipments of hunting and precaution and left at 7:30PM, it was in November and in the wild the cold is different. Small animals like hare, wild bore, wild hen etc. are in plenty and some birds which I do not know the names but in tastes are the best, better than our daily poultry. Firstly

I would start with a humor. That night I remember where everything was set and Sandip a new companion from Jabalpur had his first time life experience to be with our team, everything was going fine we had couple of hunts with us and were preparing for a camp fire, everybody of us was exhausted and wanted to rest after a walk for more than 3 hours in search for a wild bore. Our team leader asked me to take a break, so all of us got a place in the ground for a stretch-up process, Sandeep Sukla being from the City found a log about 3 feet away from me and sat there, within a few seconds he asked me whether normally logs get wet in the winter, I turned towards him with my head-light fitted cap and I asked him to just get up immediately and come towards me, he hastily got up and walked, I told him to point his torch where he was sitting, he jumped in shock, as he was sitting over a sleeping python, which was very much annoyed with his 72Kg weight over him, we laughed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment